8 Easy Tips For Fighting Spots
Discovering a spot right on your chin before a big day at school/college/work is a pain, but here’s a few tips and tricks you can try to avoid spots…
- Exfoliate regularly. Dead skin cells and oil build up and can block your pores, causing spots and blackheads so using a gently exfoliating scrub once or twice a week will avoid this.
- Always remove your makeup and cleanse before bed. Not only can makeup clog your skin, but dirt and oil built up on your skin throughout the day can cause bacteria to spread!
- Avoid touching your face. Particles and dirt from your fingers (even if you can’t see them!) can lead to blocked pores, spots and blackheads.
- Clean your makeup brushes and phone often. Think about the items which touch your face every day and now how often do you clean them? Your makeup brushes and phone can hold a lot of bacteria!
- Don’t pick or squeeze spots. Using your hands to pick and squeeze spots causes a lot of irritation to your skin, as well as creating further spots as the bacteria spreads.
- Try a healthy diet and exercise. Although there is no scientific proof of greasy and unhealthy food causing spots, it can dull your skin and result in excess oil so we always recommend a healthy and balanced diet with plenty of water and exercise.
- Opt for a hydrating moisturiser. It’s a myth that oily skin types shouldn’t use a moisturiser, in fact the skin will overcompensate for the lack of moisture and product extra oil!
- Use a mask. Face masks are a great option for a deep treatment, try our Black Peel Off Mask to pull out dirt and impurities that blocks pores!